LAMP stack is a group of open source software used to get web servers up and running. A LAMP stack consists of the following different elements: Linux – Operating System, Apache – Webserver, MySQL – Database Server, and PHP – Programming language(or at times Perl or Python).
Setting up a Linux Virtual Machine on Azure
- Sign into / sign up for a Microsoft Azure account
- Click on Virtual Machines
- Click New on the bottom left corner of the page
- Select from Gallery
- Select Ubuntu
- Give your VM a name and provide a user name password
- Configure your VM
- Click next and wait for your VM to be provisioned.
Shazam ! In about 10 minutes or less you have a Linux VM ready to start web application development up and running.
Disclaimer: It took me exactly 11 minutes to setup this up running including to taking all the screenshots.